I have never been one who thinks of a salad as a meal. Every great so often I will have a chicken Caesar salad or Asian chicken salad or something like that. And for some reason when I lived in California I would go to Panera bread and order their strawberry and poppyseed chicken salad. (Which is seasonal and only available during the summer). It was so fresh and tasty. I really enjoyed it.
Well I was on my own for dinner tonight and I didn’t feel like making anything too involved. I seasoned and broiled some chicken breast and then decided I wanted to have a chicken salad. But I didn’t want some boring salad, so I looked through the cabinets and fridge to see what I could find. I ended up with a Warm Chicken Strawberry Salad! I grabbed sliced almonds, provolone cheese, and strawberries. I melted the cheese on top of the chicken and then sliced it. I put all the ingredients on top of romaine lettuce and spring mix lettuce (It was what I had in the fridge) and topped it with Italian dressing.
When I sat down to eat I was amazed at how delicious this salad was. It was a happy accident that it turned out so tasty! I feel like I stumbled across a great way to have a salad for dinner that makes my taste buds dance!
I wanted to share it with you because it was ridiculously easy to make and tasted so great!
- a bowl of salad (I used the kind from the bag)
- 2-3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 chicken breast (seasoned w/Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning 8 oz. It’s great on Chicken!)
- 1/2 a slice of provolone cheese
- a handful of sliced almonds
- Italian dressing (I am guessing any vinaigrette would do well)
1) Put seasoning on both sides of chicken breast. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and put chicken breast in the broiler for 5-7 minutes.
2) Flip chicken breast and broil for another 5 minutes.
3) Put slice of cheese on top of chicken and put back in the oven for 1-2 minutes.
4) Put lettuce and almonds in a bowl. Slice up chicken into strips and place on top. Drizzle dressing over salad, then add strawberry slices.
I would highly recommend you try this salad or one like it this summer! It has such a fresh taste and the flavors of the chicken, cheese, almonds, and dressing really go well with the strawberries!
What is your favorite salad? Please share with me in the comments below!